For people who struggle with serious debt, Chapter 7 bankruptcy is a promising option to consider. Bankruptcy Lawyer Marc P. Feldman can help you reach a fresh start through this Chapter 7 debt relief, discharging your unsecured debt while keeping exempt assets and property safe from being liquidated to satisfy creditors.
Why choose Bankruptcy Attorney Marc Feldman
- I am focused on bankruptcy law
- I have guided many clients through bankruptcy
- I bring more than 25 years’ experience to your case
- I offer a free case review, affordable payment plans & flexible hours
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy & Your Unsecured Debts
Credit card expenses, medical bills, and personal loans are all forms of unsecured debt, but not all debts can be discharged. Unpaid child support, student loans and taxes within the past three years are types of debts that cannot be eliminated through bankruptcy. Our firm can carefully review your assets and debts to make the determination of whether this chapter can give you with the relief you need.
The basic steps of Chapter 7 bankruptcy include:
- Determine and claim your property exemptions
- Redeem or reaffirm your secured debts
- Complete and file all bankruptcy forms
- Attend a trustee / creditor meeting
- File objections if necessary
- Finish handling your secured debts
- Get your debts discharged!
Prior to filing for Chapter 7, you must take the means test, which evaluates your median household income compared with the state’s median household income. If your income level is higher than the state’s, you may still be able to file for Chapter 7 but can also move on to a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. If Chapter 7 is in your best interests and you prove eligible, I can help you file your petition.
Chester, Morris County & Northern New Jersey Call 973-267-7777 for a Free Initial Consultation
After bankruptcy, your creditors will no longer be able to take action against you! You will have a clean slate from which to repair your credit and create a strong financial future. From start to finish, and even beyond your bankruptcy, I am ready to help you achieve financial freedom. Call 973-267-7555 for your fee initial consultation.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.